A Day Late and A Dollar Short by Terry McMillan  » Books  »
  • I recommend this book to anyone who is or may want to become a fan of Terry McMillan

• by Carrie Ann McMillian

A Day Late and A Dollar Short by Terry McMillan is another book apart of my collection that Ms. McMillan didn’t fail to make me enjoy.

Five sisters and one mother, all arguing and living different types of lives are brought together when mother is taken to the hospital and eventually dies.

Argument ensue as

to how to take care of mother’s funeral arrangements and what to do with her house until a physical fight amongst two family members cause them to break some of mother’s merchandise which reveals insurance policies that will give more money to each family member than they could ever imagine.

This novel was touching.

Even ...

• though there were parts that made you remember the negative parts of family gatherings, there were those warm moments that made you want to always cherish the memories.

I always enjoy reading books by Terry McMillan.

She puts parts of her real like into her novels and invites us in to read a little on

fantasy and a little taste of reality.

I have a little bit of grandmother in me also.

i would make sure that my son is completely taken care of whenever I die, just like the mother in this novel did.

I recommend this book to anyone who is or may want to become a fan of Terry McMillan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172304341441230/k2311a0423/4.23.08