Kathy Ireland Home Furnishings: Bay Heights Bedroom Collection
1.5
  • I had all but given up hope of finding something with the rich hue of wood that I found in this collection
  • If I had known then what I know now I never would have made the purchase of this bedroom collection
  • I had no problem with the dresser, bed, or nightstand table
  • While I love the look and design of the dresser it's a monster

• by k lindamood

From the moment I saw the Kathy Ireland Bay Heights Bedroom Collection I knew I had to have it. The large headboard, dresser and bedside tables were perfect for the color scheme I was going for. I had all but given up hope of finding something with the rich hue of wood that I found in this collection.

If I had known then what

I know now I never would have made the purchase of this bedroom collection. For the first few months everything was great. I had no problem with the dresser, bed, or nightstand table. The veneer finish was nice and even though it wasn’t wood didn’t stain or chip easily. After having the bed for less than six months it started to fall apart. It began with the side rails on the frame. The cheap wooden shelves on which the cross supports sat on began to crack. After securing them with several screws and more cross supports it seemed to hold up. Finally the whole interior piece on the rails cracked to the point that no matter how many screws you put in it did no good.

• Kathy Ireland Home Furnishings: Bay Heights Bedroom Collection
      As it sits now the box springs and the mattress are sitting on the floor between the rails and the frame.

While I love the look and design of the dresser it’s a monster. Measuring 66(l)x18(w)x38(h) without the mirror this dresser became a burden when we tried to move it. The drawers are not removable making the dresser with four large drawers and four

small drawers the heaviest thing anyone had ever tried to move. Instead of setting in my bedroom where it could be useful for holding clothing it now sits in my dining room relatively empty. My father-in-law and brother-in-law refused to move it any farther.

Maybe I just got a bad bed but based on this collection I will never purchase anything from the Kathy Ireland Home Collection again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 572304341371230/k2311a0423/4.23.08