Serious Creativity by Edward de Bono  » Books  »
  • In fact I attribute it as one of the main factors I was able to emerge victorious in my school's debate competition 3 years in a row

• by Ivan

Being a person who loves to think and regard it as a skill, books on creativity grab my attention. Serious Creativity is one such book. It was written by the Maltese philosopher Edward de Bono, the originator of lateral thinking. This book is 338 pages thick and is about the size of a DVD cover.

The

book is divided into 3 parts. The first part deals with the need for creative thinking in the modern world and also a little bit about the mechanisms of the human thought, mind and brain. The second part introduces the techniques and tools used to invoke our creative side as well as some success stories by noted individuals. The third ...

• part meanwhile teaches us how to apply creative thinking in our daily lives and when we need it.

Most people regard creative thinking as a sort of gift which is possessed by a few individuals and hence cannot be taught. I once thought like that too but now my opinion on creativity has changed after reading

this book. I have learned and applied some of the methods of thinking mentioned in this book with tremendous success. In fact I attribute it as one of the main factors I was able to emerge victorious in my school’s debate competition 3 years in a row. For anyone who wishes to improve their creativity, this is a must read.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172004341050930/k2311a0420/4.20.08