HMSHost Macaroni Grill Orlando Airport  » Restaurants  »
Orlando International Airport
  • I wish more restaurants hear about it and start offering it

• by firebird08

You would not expect an airport restaurant or café to offer great food or service. The main reason is that they normally don’t have to work hard to attract customers. There are always people that have to travel, and these people have to eat. They have no choice but to visit the airport “eateries”. That is why it is such a nice surprise to find a place that really amazes you. We found it at Macaroni Grill at Orlando International Airport.

The

moment you enter the place you can forget you are at the airport. You don’t see the passengers’ crowd anymore, but can still hear the announcements. My first impression was of a clean, tidy and inviting place. The waiters and waitresses were wearing white shirts and black pants, and have a dark red napkin over their left shoulder. They were mostly young kids, and looked so nice.

The menu included mostly Italian cuisine, and prices were very reasonable. Our waitress tried ...

• to be helpful and attentive. We asked her to tell us about a meal on the menu. At first she was puzzled by the question, then tried to answer it by simply repeating the description from the menu. I would have expected her to be able to sell better the product to the client. But we ordered the meal any way, and it was a good choice!

It was called Chicken Cesar Calzonetto (or something very similar). Imagine thin pizza crust covered

with grilled chicken strips, fresh tomatoes, Cesar dressing, and herbs. It was topped by another piece of thin pizza crust dough, and then baked. They serve it with some white dill sauce, so yummy; I could not have enough of it. This very tasty meal was only about $9. I wish more restaurants hear about it and start offering it.

So if you ever happen to wait between flights at Orlando airport, don’t forget to visit this place, I am sure you will like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71904339911030/k2311a0419/4.19.08