Movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame  » Movies  »
  • I don't like the idea of a movie encouraging child to jeer at another person and think that it is funny
  • I don't recommend this movie to small children
  • I think this movie is more suitable for young adults, and for people who understand that ridicule and jeering isn't a positive thing to do

• by Carrie Ann McMillian

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is about a bell ringer named Quasimodo, gentle and lonely of Notre Dame. Born to a gypsy, and horribly defected at birth, Quasimodo fell into the hands of the man who killed his mother.

As he grew, he was confined to the bell tower,

ordered to never come down into the city of Notre Dame.

On the day of the festival of fools, Quasimodo was encouraged to attend against his master’s wishes and he takes the journey down to party with the fools.

Embarrassed and shamed, after he is crowned kings of fools, he is returned to the tower shunned at by the town.

His master, vowing to kill all gypsys and destroy their town, has to conquer his fear and destroy whatever bad plans his master has.

I thought this movie was pointless.

When my two year old saw the crowd ...

• Movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame
      throw tomatoes at the bellringer, my son thought it was funny.

I don’t like the idea of a movie encouraging child to jeer at another person and think that it is funny.

I take kindly to the lady who tried to stop the crowd from tormenting the man

in the movie, but I am going to have to have animated-movie producers do better when it comes to this.

I don’t recommend this movie to small children.

I think this movie is more suitable for young adults, and for people who understand that ridicule and jeering isn’t a positive thing to do.

Elizabeth Martin says :

I was wondering if you actually own this movie?

Donovan says :

From the way he wrote about it one could quite easily assume he owns the movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111704339440230/k2311a0417/4.17.08