Fashion Bug Birkin Inspired Purse  » Clothes  »
  • This one looks exactly like a Birkin bag, but cost less than $30
  • Everyone who sees it tells me that it looks more like a suitcase then it does a bag, but that's what I love about it
  • I like to store my cell phone in there because it keeps it safe, and I always know where it is
  • Plus I know that when I do get tired of it, I can always use it as an extra suitcase

• by Jenn Eblin

I have always wanted a Birkin bag, ever since I saw my first one. They look so clean and glossy on the arms of the celebrities and wealthy socialites. They also tend to have a large and oversized look with lots of pockets for added storage. After looking into prices, and seeing that even a used bag brings $400-500 or more on ebay, I knew that my Birkin bag was just a dream.

On a recent hunt for clothing to wear to a job interview, I ended up in my local Fashion Bug. After spending 40 minutes looking for a suit, or something that I could pass off as a suit, I ended up in their accessories department. I knew that I needed a new bag or purse too, something that looked

more grown up or professional, and something that I could carry into a job interview. My purses tend to look a little silly or kitschy with bright colors and bold graphics. Then I saw the Fashion Bug version of the Birkin bag.

It was just sitting there on the shelf, looking as glamorous and expensive as the real bags do in magazines and stores. Except this one had a much smaller price tag on it. When I saw much smaller, I really mean that. This one looks exactly like a Birkin bag, but cost less than $30. As soon as I picked it up, I knew this one was going home with me.

The bag itself is about 16 inches long, 6 inches wide, and around 10 inches high. Everyone who sees ...

• it tells me that it looks more like a suitcase then it does a bag, but that’s what I love about it. I can store absolutely everything I need, without feeling like my bag is crammed full. Even with the large amount of cosmetics, electronics, and other products I carry in my bag, I still have room for a full outfit if I need it.

The inside of the bag is lined with a striped fabric made of bright oranges, pinks, and yellows. I’m not as crazy about the lining as I am the soft black leather exterior, but for $30 I’m willing to deal with it. The bag also has three different compartments, including a zippered area in the middle. I can stuff my money, wallet, and checkbook in there, and

then zip it closed to feel safe.

I also love the exterior zippered pocket because it’s completely hidden. There’s actually a Birkin like flap with a hidden zipper underneath that covers a small pocket. I like to store my cell phone in there because it keeps it safe, and I always know where it is. I also love that the pocket is completely hidden because no one knows it is there unless I point it out.

Some people may not like it because the straps are not adjustable. They only come in one size, but it is the perfect size for me.

As for me, I can’t imagine living without my new bag. Plus I know that when I do get tired of it, I can always use it as an extra suitcase!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 551604339040730/k2311a0416/4.16.08