Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007)  » Movies  »
  • As cute as the movie looked, and as much as I like Jason Lee though, I just couldn't bring myself to sit down and watch the movie
  • I know that it's bad to buy a movie before you've seen it, but something told me that I would like this one, and that something was right

• by Jenn Eblin

I have to admit that I’ve had a secret love of Alvin and the Chipmunks since I was a kid. When the movie first came out last year, I was the only one of my friends and family members who could actually sing all the words to their songs AND knew that Dave Seville was their dad.

As

cute as the movie looked, and as much as I like Jason Lee though, I just couldn’t bring myself to sit down and watch the movie.

Now that it’s out on DVD, I went ahead and bought it.

I know that it’s bad to buy a movie before you’ve seen it, but something told me that I would ...

• like this one, and that “something” was right.

The movie is so cute that even though I just watched it last night, I’m ready to sit down and watch it again! The chipmunks are back in action, and just as adorable as ever.

This new reimagination isn’t so much new as it is just updating it a little bit.

Even hearing “Dave” scream out the trademark Alvin is a delight.

The chipmunks never get annoying like they did on the television series, but stay cute and adorable all the way through.

My only complaint was the woman playing Dave’s “friend”.

She doesn’t seem to be enjoying herself as much as all the other people in the movie.

Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111604339030630/k2311a0416/4.16.08