Cranium Board Game
0.5
  • Unfortunately for me, my friends tend to cringe every time I even try to bring out the game
  • I know that is my fault because I'm not always the best at putting away the pieces, but a lot of the pieces are also quite small
  • The box says that this game is good for ages 8 and up, but there's no way any 8 year old I know could play this game

• by Jenn Eblin

Cranium is a great game, but only if you can actually get your friends to play. Unfortunately for me, my friends tend to cringe every time I even try to bring out the game. After a few too many instances of people getting too competitive, it seems like no one wants to play. At one point someone even ended up with a chunk of modeling clay in their eye after a fight broke out.

When you play Cranium, it becomes really easy for things to take a darker turn. The commercials always show groups of friends sitting around and laughing as

they try the different tasks. The commercials don’t show those same friends turning on each other after playing for over an hour, and still not reaching the end.

Teammates turn vicious when members can’t seem to draw simple things, and things get even worse when the clay comes out. You try building a horse out of modeling clay in less than a minute with three people staring at you, and see how well you do.

This game is also fairly expensive, at around $30. I’ve had my game for a few years now, and the clay had to be replaced. It

first started collecting hair and dust on it. Every time we pulled the game out, it seemed to have even more crud on it. Towards the end it turned really dry as well. It didn’t mold so much as it fell apart when someone touched it. I ended up replacing it with Play-Doh, and this works a lot better.

Over the years I’ve also managed to lose some of the major game pieces, which makes it harder to play. I know that is my fault because I’m not always the best at putting away the pieces, but a lot of the ...

• Cranium Board Game
      pieces are also quite small. This makes it very hard to keep track of all the cards and pieces.

The box says that this game is good for ages 8 and up, but there’s no way any 8 year old I know could play this game. I doubt that I would have been able to play it when I was a kid either. Some of the tasks are fairly hard for most twenty somethings, and I can’t even imagine an 8 year old trying to do those same things.

I was hoping to like this game a lot more than I

did, but it’s not my favorite game. It’s hard to get a large group together to actually sit down and concentrate for longer than a few minutes. By the time we finish an actual game, we’re all ready to take a nap.

The game itself lets players do a variety of tasks to work their brain and creativity. Players divide into two separate teams, and then compete against each other. I know people who can finish a game rather quickly, but my group tends to play games that linger on for hours at a time. In the end, everyone ends up feeling frustrated and upset.

Cranium Board Game

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281604338990630/k2311a0416/4.16.08