Aqua Globe  » Other  »
  • I am not the best at any sort of gardening or plant care

• by mbowie

I have several house plants. I end up getting them as gifts throughout the year and feel responsible to keep them alive. I always feel really bad if one them dies. I do really like them, too. I am not the best at any sort of gardening or plant care. I have figured out that they need water and sun. That much I got down. I always seem to

be watering them. There are times when I forget and they start to look really rough after a while.

I recently saw a commercial for Aqua Globe on TV. I decided to give them a try. They are made of glass and come in a few different colors. I ended up getting four globes for $14.95, plus $7.95 shipping. Not too bad of a deal. It turns out that ...

• I am glad I got them. They are really nice. I just have to fill the globe with water and then put it in the soil of the plant. I did have to make a small hole in the soil so that I didn’t break the glass globe while pushing it into the soil. The globe stems are long. So, they won’t stay up in too small of a plant pot.

The plants absorb the water a slow pace. I don’t have to worry about dehydrating my poor house plants near as much now. I also find myself checking to see how much water is used on a frequent basis for curiosity. My plants get plenty of water and I remember to check more often too. It is a win win situation. Aqua Globe is great for the novice plant keeper like myself.

Aqua Globe
    patty says :

should the soil be thoughly watered before inserting the water globe, or should the soil be dry

Galega says :

You should use Aqua Globe when the soil is damp or dry. It may not be good to use it in thoroughly watered soil.

patty says :

I have a gardenia plant that I would like to use an Aqua Globe to water with. They like to be watered from the bottom of the pot, sitting on a dish, will an Aqua Globe work with this type of plant?

John says :

No, it wouldn’t work because the water in the Aqua Globe has to drain downwards.

mbowie replies :

I am not sure what the instructions said. It has been awhile since I read them. However, I ususally do it when the soil is dry or damp. Really I put them back in the plant after the globe is empty. By then, the soil is sort of dry. Since, I wrote the review, I have found that some of my house plants didn`t do well with the globes. My ivy was one of them. It did better with regular watering. Others did just fine. Still they are good if you are going on a trip and aren`t able to water them for several days. I hope I was able to help some.

mbowie replies :

I am just a novice plant keeper. However, in my opinion, the globes would be great for plants that like to be watered from the bottom.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121604338920630/k2311a0416/4.16.08