Old Navy Maternity Line
2.5
  • I drove about a half hour to my nearest Old Navy store and was very disappointed that they did not carry any maternity clothes
  • Unfortunately, I will be hesitant to order any other clothing from now on

• by EmCa11

I was in the market for maternity clothes but didn’t want to spend a lot of money because I would only be wearing them for a few months. I had heard Old Navy had a maternity line, so I went online to check it out.

They carry everything from career clothing to jeans, pajamas and swimwear. I drove about a half hour to my nearest Old Navy store and was very disappointed that they did

not carry any maternity clothes! They are only available at select locations, and that store was not one of them.

After returning home, I went back online and ordered a few items including a pair of jeans, two sweaters and a dress. According to the size charts and fitting instructions, you are supposed to order the same size you were before you became pregnant. Being familiar with the brand, I went ahead and ordered all items ...

• in size ’small’.

I was very disappointed when my items arrived at my home about a week later. The jeans were about four sizes too large, one sweater fit perfectly with enough stretch to accommodate a growing belly, one was huge, and the dress was tight on top but way too long. It was advertised as knee length, but nearly reached my ankles after I put it on.

The frustrating thing about this line is that

the sizes are NOT consistent! Some ’small’ items fit perfect, some ’small’ items run very large, and some ’small’ items are very tight. This makes it very difficult to shop online! I would have preferred to try these items on before purchasing. Old Navy either needs to regulate the sizing of their items better, or extend the maternity line to ALL of their retail locations. Unfortunately, I will be hesitant to order any other clothing from now on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 551604338000530/k2311a0416/4.16.08