Farley’s Strawberry Fruit Snacks
1.5
  • But there is a definite strange taste too them
  • There is 170 calories to one 2.5 oz bag, plus 31 grams of sugar, so the snacks aren't as low-guilt as one (like me) may hope

• by Korya
      With an overwhelming sweet tooth threatening to overcome my diet’s restrictions, I made a beeline for the nearest vending machine, hoping for some kind of fruity low-guilt candy. The closest thing was a 2.

5 oz bag of Farley brand strawberry fruit snacks, which would conveniently also provide 100% of my daily needs of Vitamin

C, according to the package.

Plunking down my 70 cents, I hauled the candy up to my room and dug in.

The strawberry snacks are small, red, and strawberry shaped, and thankfully soft (how gummies should be).

But there is a definite strange taste too them.

It reminds me vaguely of ...

• medicine- perhaps it is the artificial flavor that causes this.

And it’s not too appealing to have candy flavored like medicine, after all.

There is 170 calories to one 2.

5 oz bag, plus 31 grams of sugar, so the snacks aren’t as low-guilt as one (like me) may hope.

And throwing in

the fact that they don’t taste particularly great, it becomes clear that I wasted my 70 cents when I could have gotten some wholesome Cheez-its.

The texture of the snacks was good, and they were an easy way to get some vitamin C (since it’s cold season, that matters!), but I wouldn’t buy them again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710233720428/k2311a021/2.1.06