Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park  » Leisure  »
Louisville, Kentucky
  • The average meal will probably cost about $15.00

• by Jeff Reaves

Kentucky Kingdom is an amusement park that has something for everyone in the family to enjoy. I have been to several parks and this is by far my favorite. Admission is currently about $35 per person.

I would suggest staying at the Executive Inn across the street from the park. You can get

two free tickets to the park.

Each additional ticket is $25. You also get free round trip shuttle rides.

There are so many rides there that I did not get to ride everything. One side of the park is where most of the water rides are located which are my favoite.

One of ...

• my favorite rides was the water rollercoaster! They also had a large pool and lounge area. I also rode my first wooden rollercoaster which I honestly did not like.

Anyone with back problems should not ride. It shakes your whole body.

There was also a stand up rollercoaster that was cool. The food

is very expensive anywhere in the park so be prepared.

The average meal will probably cost about $15. If you plan on getting wet, then I would suggest renting a locker.

It only cost about $5 and well worth it. That way you can change into a bathing suit and bring flipflops if you choose.

Robin says :

i have visited the park since the re-ope 2014. my children are small so the bigger rides dont matter as much to them. the water park is alot bigger with alot of additional water slides, another wave pool and another lazy river. the price of lockers is a small for 10.00 or large for 15.00. but get there early or locker will sell out. food prices are a little higher in my opinion so packing lunch in car next time. season pass gets 20% off all items and food, also drink stations with 1.00 drinks. so you dont have to wait in food lines for just drinks. depending on the time of day or day of week you will have a few ” riff raff foul mouthed teens that will get on your last nerves. especially if you have smaller children or didnt raise your kids to talk like that. ( me, case in point) so that was really the only down slide for me. the bad language from the teens behind us in line. also since the kentucky fair board wont budge on the parking issue, you have to pay 8.00 to park. but this is the fair boards decision not the kentucky kingdom park owners.and they are driving the boat so there ya go
    free sun screen. some smaller rides for the wee little ones. and as of now 2 big roller coasters as well as a giant water slide. all rides are shown on their website.
    Being a resident of Louisville. i LOVE LOVE this park but that is just me. it is smaller than kings island and not AS family friendly as Holiday World but it takes me 15 minutes in traffic to get there and home again. :) so if you like just a little smaller with just as much to offer then there ya go hope you love it too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 611504337100930/k2311a0415/4.15.08