Skittle Chocolate Mix  » Food  »
2.0
  • I love everything chocolate, so I decided to find out
  • The first thing I noticed was that the wrapper showed that the new Skittles come in five different flavors
  • But once I tasted them, I was sorely disappointed

• by Nicki Mann

I saw the commercials for Skittle Chocolate Mix, and I was intrigued. What would a new type of round chocolate candy taste like? I love everything chocolate, so I decided to find out.

The first thing I noticed was that the wrapper showed that the new Skittles come in five different flavors: S’mores, Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Caramel, Vanilla and Brownie Batter.

I was excited about this, since I love

candies that come in different flavors, like Jelly Bellies!

But once I tasted them, I was sorely disappointed.

For one thing, they are chewy.

I should have expected this, since regular Skittles are chewy, but for some reason I was expecting real chocolate!

Thats another thing.

These new Skittles taste strongly of artificial flavoring.

You may be able to imagine what I mean.

When you eat most chocolate candy,

• you taste actual chocolate, sort of bitter-sweet but pure.

When you taste these candies, you get a sort of sweet but chemically taste that burns your throat a little as it goes down.

I didn’t even finish the whole bag… and for me, not finishing a serving of candy is unheard of!

My 11-year-old nephew tried one, and here was his comment: “It tastes like the erasers at my

school!” Hmm.

Tasty.

My verdict? The new Skittles Chocolate Mix are sort of okay.

But when given a choice between these Skittles and any other type of chocolate candy, or these Skittles and regular Skittles, I would never choose the Chocolate Mix ones!

On the other hand, you may want to get some and try them, just so when they get discontinued… which I’m sure they will soon… you can say, “Remember chocolate Skittles?”

Daniel says :

re : But once I tasted them, I was sorely disappointed
    I think the bigger issue here is why your nephew is eating erasers at school.

Jennifer Davis says :

I can tell you from experience that most kids try erasers at least once. All three of mine did it. It is a phase that he will grow out of.

Somtochukwu Oli says :

re : I love everything chocolate, so I decided to find out
    Chocolate is a very good food, I believe that it is gathered from the Cocoa tree, and it can be used in various products such as ice creams, energy drinks, candies, cakes and various other sources of food, which are good for the body, and they are also good source of nutrients in food. I personally like and love eating foods that contain chocolate in them, and i believe that they are very good and healthy for the body.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271504336990930/k2311a0415/4.15.08