Thrifty Seattle  » Car rental  »
0.5
Seattle
  • The car was moderately dirty inside, but not so unpleasant as to constitute a major problem
  • Thrifty did not have anyone available to inspect the car when I returned it, to the best of my knowledge undamaged, even though the return took place during the work day at about 9
  • They obtained an estimate for windshield replacement a week after I returned the car, which I take as an indication that they probably noticed the damage on that day or the day before, but Thrifty in Seattle still demanded that I pay for the damage, and they referred me to a collection agency
  • I prefer honest and professional car rental companies, instead of Thrifty

• by Roger Demaree

I rented a car from Thrifty in Seattle for a ten day period. Service was poor when I picked up the car, with the agent on the phone for a private call during the ten minutes of paperwork. Also, the wait was more than twenty minutes while I waited my turn as the agent talked on the phone.

The car was

moderately dirty inside, but not so unpleasant as to constitute a major problem. It did run well for the rental period.

Thrifty did not have anyone available to inspect the car when I returned it, to the best of my knowledge undamaged, even though the return took place during the work day at about 9:00 am, so I left the keys ...

• on the Thrifty counter. Months later, Thrifty billed me for a windshield replacement, including loss of use of the vehicle. They obtained an estimate for windshield replacement a week after I returned the car, which I take as an indication that they probably noticed the damage on that day or the day before, but Thrifty in Seattle still demanded that I
        pay for the damage, and they referred me to a collection agency. Despite the much later repair estimate, they claimed the damage occurred while I had the car and charged me both for the damage and for an extended rental until the damage was repaired. I will never do business with Thrifty again. I prefer honest and professional car rental companies, instead of Thrifty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31304336571230/k2311a0413/4.13.08