Alvin And The Chipmunks  » Movies  »
  • There's sort of a Christmas-y theme, but I think it can definitely be enjoyed at any time of the year

• by Nicki Mann

We recently rented the movie “Alvin And the Chipmunks,” and so far the four-year-old in my house has watched it 5 times! She loves it, and so does her 11-year-old brother! In fact, even I, who never particularly liked the cartoon version when I was a kid, am in love with those

sweet little chipmunks in the movie!

Unlike the cartoon chipmunks, in this movie Alvin, Simon and Theodore look like actual chipmunks, scampering around and filling their cheeks with food. They’re tiny, like real chipmunks, too! In fact, one of my favorite parts is when cute little Theodore curls up on Dave’s shoulder ...

• to go to sleep. If you ever listened to the original Chipmunks Christmas Album, you’ll love this movie even more, because it follows the making of the album! Parts of the script are exactly what we actually heard years ago on that Christmas album!

Here are some words from the four-year-old: “My

favorite part of the movie is the part where he goes, ‘Ah! Here’s this new thing! It’s called knocking!’ I also like the part where Dave goes to rescue the chipmunks. ” What a great family movie! There’s sort of a Christmas-y theme, but I think it can definitely be enjoyed at any time of the year!

Alvin And The Chipmunks

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111304336271130/k2311a0413/4.13.08