Bagan Myanmar
Central Myanmar
  • I was so impressed with the architectural skill and quality of the people of those ages in history, designing and building these pagodas

• by Mark Williams

Bagan is one the most astonishing and important historical towns in Myanmar with thousands of Buddhist temples, pagodas, spreading all over the areas surrounding the Town. I was so amazed to see the number of pagodas just about everywhere in all directions.

My guide told me the saying goes that the total

number of pagodas built there generation to generation was 4,446,733 ! Astonising !

Most of them have ruined , but there are still a number so graceful and magnificent.

My guide took me to Ananda Pagoda and Shwezigon Pagoda, the two most spectacular pagodas there.

I was so impressed with the ...

• architectural skill and quality of the people of those ages in history, designing and building these pagodas.

One has to see with your own eyes to have the sense of the skill ! I could have spent weeks going to all the pagodas all over the place.

Bagan is known

as the town of lacquer wares of the country.

This is again a very unique handicraft.

The original old way of making lacquer wares using bamboo and natural lacquer is still preserved !

Bagan is a very small town, just a large village-size I would say, but it’s historical, archeological, and architectural beauty is just breathtaking !

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381104336110730/k2311a0411/4.11.08