Sprint/Nextel Cellular Service
0.5
  • Having recently completed my contract with another carrier I decided to look into getting service from Sprint
  • I didn't notice a problem until I got the first bill
  • A few days later I checked my account online and noticed that I was still being charged for roaming
  • Apparently a call that occurred during my night and weekend minutes had cost me over $100

• by k lindamood

I have been a customer of just about every major cell phone carrier out there. Of all the companies who I have dealt with I have to say that Sprint/Nextel has by far been the worst. It all started in the summer of 2007. Having recently completed my contract with another carrier I decided to look into getting service from Sprint. I began looking online and decided that the prices and services were to my liking I made a trip to the local Sprint store to do some further investigating. I was told at the retail location that I would not be charged for roaming no matter what carrier’s tower I was using. If my phone was picking up a signal off the Alltel tower behind my house it would be okay. There would be no roaming charges no matter

what. Happy with this I headed home as I could get a better deal on the phone I wanted online.

On July 1 my new phone arrived and from that point on the next three months became a living nightmare for my husband and I. I loved the phone that I got but that was as far as my happiness went. I didn’t notice a problem until I got the first bill. I was shocked to see that it was several hundred dollars. Of course, having worked for another carrier in the past I looked for every possible reason behind this bill being so high before I called Sprint customer service. After waiting over an hour for someone to take my call I was put in contact with someone who told me that there had been an error on my ...

• account and that I should not be charged roaming. They issued a credit, assured me that the problem had been resolved and I ended the conversation a happy camper. A few days later I checked my account online and noticed that I was still being charged for roaming. I made another call to Sprint and was told that yes, I would be charged for roaming. After 30 minutes on the line I was able to speak to a manager who confirmed that it had been noted on my account that I would have no roaming charges. Another credit was issued and I hung up hoping the problem had been resolved.

When my second bill arrived I about blew a gasket. It seems that the problem had not been resolved. Apparently a call that occurred during my night and weekend minutes

had cost me over $100! It was considered a roaming call and a peak time call. I was furious. I called Sprint who once again put me on hold for over an hour. By the time I got to a representative it was all I could do not to yell at them. I politely asked them to cancel my contract and refund me the Early Termination fees of $400 ($200 for each line) since they had not held up their end of the bargain. Of course they refused to do so. All in all I ended up owing Sprint over $800 for two cancelled contracts and 1 ½ months worth of service that they refused to credit me.

I wouldn’t recommend Sprint to anyone. The service was horrible. They didn’t keep their promises, and most of all their customer service reps were rude and incompetent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221004335450930/k2311a0410/4.10.08