ALAMO Rent a car
  • My experience with Alamo Rent a car has been limited, partly because the company does not seem to have depots in most of the cities that I have traveled too
  • When making the reservation I learned that English was a second language to my representative, which made communicating the proper details very difficult
  • I paid the price and made a mental note to write to the company about the mishap

• by nightshadow
      My experience with Alamo Rent a car has been limited, partly because the company does not seem to have depots in most of the cities that I have traveled too. My single rental from an Alamo Rent a car was not without its problems.

When making the reservation I learned that English was a second language to my representative, which made communicating the proper details very difficult.

The company also seemed to be plagued by computer problems and the whole process of reserving a car took twice as long as normal.

The representative working at the depot when I arrived was friendly and helpful.

This was dampened by the fact that I was quoted a price that was incorrect and way lower than should have been.

I paid the price and made ...

• a mental note to write to the company about the mishap.

The car I received was far from new and the engine made a strange noise when it got past forty miles per hour.

I was not in a position to return to the depot for a trade in so I took my chances.

Thankfully, the trip would only last one day and not require a

lot of driving on my part as I felt the car was living on borrowed time.

I did contact the company and was awarded a discount coupon for my next rental and several apologies by people with important sounding titles.

Alamo Rent a car’s web site, is better than many that I have visited.

The database is easy to use and understand and moves along at a good pace.

ALAMO Rent a car
    Philip says :

When I picked up a previously reserved Nissan Versa from Alamo, it had a putrid smell. That was my first disappointment with Alamo.

I returned the car and was downgraded from the Nissan Versa which had cruise control, electrical mirror adjustment, and remote door locks, to a Toyota Yaris without any of these feature, with no reduction in cost. The cars are by any standard, not in the same feature class. Second disappointment.

I then contacted Alamo by email and my request for a rate adjustment was declined. Instead, I was offered a coupon for a 1-day car rental, with an expiration date - quite likely with the hope that I will either forget about the coupon or it will expire before I use it. Strike three and Alamo is now off of my list.

I will not rent a car from Alamo again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3270133440331/k2311a0127/1.27.06