Crazy Chess game  » Games  »
  • I enjoy chess in general, so I thought I would try out this game

• by booklover

I enjoy chess in general, so I thought I would try out this game. It’s a neat little variation on chess, in which a single knight played by you has to defend a castle from advancing pawns. If 8 pawns reach the castle in a level, the game is over.

There are four levels, which is good, because I first tried playing novice. The novice

level is really best for someone who is unfamiliar with how a knight moves in chess, which makes me think that it might be good practice for people who need to work on using their knight in chess. After a level or two, the game suggested that I try amateur or pro.

I tried amateur, and on my first attempt only made it up to ...

• level 5. A lot more pawns come out at a time, and a couple of times my knight was captured because I wasn’t paying attention to where they all were. I also couldn’t get to as many of the power-ups before they faded away.

The power-ups are neat. There are power-ups which: freeze the pawns, cause a lightning strike, blow up all of the pawns, give

you another life, make the pawns move more slowly, or make the knight speed up.

The graphics in this game are simple - not too fancy, but not written in Basic, either.

The game flows smoothly and easily, although I can see how if someone did not know how to play chess it would be rather frustrating, between the way the knights move and the way that pawns capture.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28904334260230/k2311a049/4.9.08