AVIS Rent a car  » Car rental  »
2.5
  • My only experience with Avis Rent a car was great but it was not all bad either
  • As usual, I like to ask many questions, this keeps me from being surprised later on
  • When I was on the phone with the representative from Avis Rent a car I found them to be lacking in anything but the most basic knowledge of their services

• by nightshadow
      In comparison to other car rental companies, Avis Rent a car seems to stay pretty much in step. Like others, it is not hard to find an Avis Rent a car depot in most cities around the US.

My only experience with Avis Rent a car was great but it was not all bad either.

My main gripe would be a lack of knowledge by their phone

staff.

As usual, I like to ask many questions, this keeps me from being surprised later on.

When I was on the phone with the representative from Avis Rent a car I found them to be lacking in anything but the most basic knowledge of their services.

Anything that fell outside of the normal scope was met with an “I am not sure sir.

” This ...

• made me nervous but I went ahead with the rental anyway.

Arriving at the depot, I found the representative to be very young and not really all that interested in helping me.

Once all the required paperwork was finished I asked for directions to the lot and got a finger pointing in a vague direction.

By the time all was said and done, I did get the car

I asked for and when I returned it I found there to be a much better representative working.

Avis Rent a car prices are pretty much par for the course with other companies.

The company web site, is moderately functional and user friendly but rather slow for my tastes.

Avis Rent a car would get a C from me as the all around experience could have been better but not quite failing.

AVIS Rent a car

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3260133421131/k2311a0126/1.26.06