Bangkok Sky Train  » Travel  »
City of Bangkok, Thailand.
  • But, the last time I visited Bangkok, I was so pleased to see that the traffic jams problem has eased significantly
  • The journey which would have taken an hour before now needs only fifteen minutes, making visits and travels in the City so easy and convenient for the people living and working there, and for tourists and visitors like me

• by Mark Williams

I have been to Bangkok, Thailand, a number of times over the years, and I truly like the City. People are so friendly, polite, and courteous.

In the earlier years, however, moving about in the City, whether by taxis or buses, or driving by yourself, gets so frustrating with the traffic jams along all the main roads, Silom Road, Sukhumvit Road, Rajdamri

Road, Phayathai Road, and others.

It can take hours to move from place to place.

I remember a Thai friend of mine saying that he spends about two to three hours on the bus each day coming to work in the City and returning home.

But, the last time I visited Bangkok, I was so pleased to see that the traffic jams ...

• problem has eased significantly.

The Sky Train which started operating about four years has contributed a lot in easing off the problem.

The Sky Train runs along the main roads mentioned above, and is managed so well that the trains run so amazingly punctual, almost exactly to the minute.

The journey which would have taken an hour before now needs only fifteen

minutes, making visits and travels in the City so easy and convenient for the people living and working there, and for tourists and visitors like me.

The Sky Train system of Bangkok has done a marvellous job for the City ! I really enjoy moving about in the City by the Sky Train, saving a lot of time and much more comfortable than taking the buses.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38904334150230/k2311a049/4.9.08