Step Two Kangaoo Climber  » Baby care  »
  • Unfortunately, my younger son has several times now gone into the structure, climbed up onto the platform, and started dancing around
  • This is why I think the climber is better for three year olds than two or younger

• by funny

This is a toy for kids that combines a slide with a smallish cube structure that is almost like a playhouse type of thing. The walls of the structure have different sized holes and “step-like” footings that kids can climb up on. It also has a small door that opens and closes for kids to go inside, the structure as well.

We bought ours for our son when he was about two years old. Thinking back,he may have been just a little to young for it.

But that may not be the case for all two year olds. Now that he is three and a half years old, my son plays

with the climber/slide more than he did when we first bought it.

We now have a second son, who is one and a half. He loves the Kangaroo Climber much more than my first son, but I have no idea why.

My guess is that my second son is just more of a “climber” than my first, and a little more of a daredevil personality!

My younger son will climb the sides of the toy constantly, and go inside the structure through the various holes. He seldom will use the door in the Kangaroo climber.

Go figure. The slide part of the toy is used far less than the climbing walls of the ...

• toy.

But the only negative I have founs with the Kangaroo Climber is that there is a “platform” inside that kids need to get onto in order to access the slide and go down. There is a big space created between the platform and the back wall of the structure.

Unfortunately, my younger son has several times now gone into the structure, climbed up onto the platform, and started dancing around. Inadvertently he has stepped backwards and fallen off the platform, hitting his head against the back wall and falling onto the carpet (we keep our Kangaroo Climber inside our house just for this reason).

My son has become much more careful

now, but it still makes me nervous that this can happen. Oddly enough, this never happened with my older son.

This is why I think the climber is better for three year olds than two or younger. But since we already had this toy in our family room from before our second son was born, he has played with it as soon as he could climb on it.

So overall, it is a fun toy for kids in that they can climb on it, slide, and even play inside like a small playhouse. But I do think it should be kept indoors because of the slipping potential, and probably should be used by kids about three years of age.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54904334070230/k2311a049/4.9.08