Playtex Hip Hammock  » Baby care  »
  • I think this carrier works better than most of the other carriers I've seen or tried

• by Nicki Mann

I think this carrier works better than most of the other carriers I’ve seen or tried. The baby sits on your hip, in the position that most people would naturally carry a baby. I think it is more comfortable for both the adult and the baby this way. Its easier for the adult and

the baby to look at each other and play with each other, when the baby is on the adult’s hip, than when the baby is in a front-positioned carrier.

I also like the fact that this carrier has a waist belt. It provides more support for the adult wearing it, so your shoulders and neck ...

• don’t get as sore.

I sometimes have a hard time getting the baby in and out of this carrier with the straps. The directions instruct the adult to put the carrier on herself and buckle the waist belt. Then you’re supposed to pick the baby up, and pull the other strap over the baby’s head and

over your shoulder. I’ve found this to be sort of awkward to do. I’ve also found that the shoulder strap starts to rub against my shoulder and neck in a painful way when I am walking around a lot.

Overall, I really like the Playtex Hip Hammock for wearing around the house, or for short trips outside of the house.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54704333590830/k2311a047/4.7.08