Whirlpool Dryer GEW9250  » Electronics  »
  • I noticed that when the dryer ran for more than 10 minutes what appeared to be condensation would build up behind the digital read out
  • I decided this wasn't a good thing and rather than risk an fire in my home stopped using the dryer
  • When it comes to ranking the GEW9250 model Whirlpool Duet Dryer I believe that this product is about a 7
  • I would love to give it a higher ranking because it works great now and I love the huge load capacity
  • I don't regret this purchase at all, but I do wish it would have been less trouble for me

• by K lindamood

In May of 2005 I purchased a new washer and dryer set. At the time the hottest thing on the market was the original Whirlpool Duet set. The Dryer was model number GEW9250.

From the moment it arrived at my house I loved it. At least that was until October of that year.

After having the Whirlpool Duet electric dryer for less than 6 months it became apparent that my clothes weren’t getting dry. It would take several trips through the cycle to get clothes

that were only half way dry.

I noticed that when the dryer ran for more than 10 minutes what appeared to be condensation would build up behind the digital read out. One day I noticed that there was a puddle of water directly in front of my beautiful front loading dryer.

It seems that the condensation had started to drip from behind the control panel. I decided this wasn’t a good thing and rather than risk an fire in my home stopped using the dryer.

...

• It took several trips by the repair man to get the dryer up and running and while it works wonderfully now, the headache associated with months of not being able to use the dryer wasn’t worth it.

When it comes to ranking the GEW9250 model Whirlpool Duet Dryer I believe that this product is about a 7.

I would love to give it a higher ranking because it works great now and I love the huge load capacity. The problem is that if I had

been the mother of a large family I would have spent a fortune using the local laundry mat to dry my clothes when the dryer wasn’t working properly.

I don’t regret this purchase at all, but I do wish it would have been less trouble for me. I imagine that since several years have passed the makers of this dryer have had time to work out the kinks.

As for me I keep the repair man’s number close by and pray that my dryer doesn’t kick the bucket again.

sam burt says :

how much is the resale value of the waser and dryer

Galega says :

Resell value depends on various factors, including the age of your washer, the condition of it. IF there is any technical problem, the value will go down. If the washer is no more under warranty, then obviously the resell value will be less.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16704333240830/k2311a047/4.7.08