My Name is Earl Season 2  » TV  »
  • During the second season of the show though, things started to get a little boring
  • As much as I loved the first season, I was slightly disappointed by the show

• by Jenn Eblin

My Name is Earl is one of the few television shows that I watch frequently. I’ve been a fan of Jason Lee’s for years now, since back before he was in the Kevin Smith movies, and seeing him on television every week is a secret thrill. During the second season of the show though, things started to get

a little boring.

As much as I loved the first season, I was slightly disappointed by the show. Towards the end of the season they began to turn away from the Earl and his list storylines, and more into your traditional sitcom. Earl got a job and Earl got an apartment, and Earl even got a girlfriend. What ...

• Earl didn’t get was back to his list. I can only count a few times when his list was even mentioned during the last few episodes.

This season was more about Joy, and her exploits than about Earl and his list. Even in the storylines where Earl is trying to do right, Joy is still a big part

of things. The season even ends with him taking the blame for something she did, all because he thinks he owes it to her. Anyone who tricks you into marrying them, then cheats on you is not someone that you owe for anything. Maybe that’s the real reason I couldn’t get into season 2, because I don’t really like Joy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10704333130830/k2311a047/4.7.08