HP 530 Notebook PC  » Laptops  »
  • I bought my HP Laptop from a local computer store
  • I found some windows games already loaded and spent some time playing various forms of solitaire
  • My only problem is the lack of Disk Space, which means I can't download software

• by Ruth B

I bought my HP Laptop from a local computer store. I had been looking for a good low price basic laptop and saw this one on display in the window, where it was on offer at a very good price. I knew that HP (Hewlett Packard) is a well known brand and has a good reputation. This model seemed to meet my basic requirements, with 512MB and 80GB, and Windows vista home basic already installed. It also has built in wireless LAN, modem, DVD ReWrite, sound speakers, and has a 15.4 inch diagonal widescreen with BrightView display.

I took my new laptop home, and found it rather heavy to carry, but it is small enough to fit into a shoulder bag,

and I do not intend using it much outside my home, so weight was not an important factor. Later I did take it to a local coffee shop so I could try out their free wireless connection, and the wifi worked well. The battery still had some power left after my session online, which was nearly an hour long.

Before I connected to the Internet at home, I followed the instructions in the handbook, which were quite easy to follow, and soon my laptop was ready to use. I found some windows games already loaded and spent some time playing various forms of solitaire. I also played some DVDs, and the picture quality was perfect, but the sound is not so ...

• good. I can only hear it well with the volume set at the top of the range and even then I need to use headphones.

As soon as I was connected to the internet I started surfing and was pleased by the laptop’s performance. It was never my intention to download games, music or video, I just need a laptop to access web sites and for email. My only problem is the lack of Disk Space, which means I can’t download software. However, for my purposes I am quite satisfied with the performance. I find the touch pad very easy to use and I can type quickly on the keyboard.

I have found the HP handbook, which came with the laptop, very useful.

On two occasions when I closed the lid, instead of going to sleep, my laptop appeared to have died on me and I could not get power back on, even when it was plugged into a power source. I quickly found the solution, by following a suggestion in the handbook. I removed the battery and then put it back in. The power was restored and the laptop worked instantly. That certainly saved me a lot of frustration and panic.

I will give HP 530 Notebook PC a good rating for performance and durability, but it is only a basic laptop. Anyone into gaming, music and software downloads will need to buy something more powerful and with plenty of Disk Space.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63604332590430/k2311a046/4.6.08