Suzuki sx4  » Cars  »
  • As with any car swap there were advantages and disadvantages
  • So lets hear it, I know you're dying to know
  • First consider that the sx4 weighs significantly more than the Focus
  • Another cute and convenient standard feature on the sx4 is radio controls on the steering wheel

• by The Phantom Blot

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I recently hung up the keys on my 2002 Ford Focus in favor of the 2008 Suzuki sx4. I must say that I am over all pleased with the change. As with any car swap there were advantages and disadvantages. So lets hear it, I know you’re dying to know.

The sx4 is compact in size, only four inches longer than my focus, yet it blasts my old Ford away on interior room. My husband, who is over six feet tall, was always crowded in the Focus and had difficulty sitting in and stepping out of the vehicle. Not so in the sx4, he now suggests we take it rather than his truck. The rear seats offer plenty of leg room as well and head rests to protect the poor necks

of adult passengers.

When it comes to gas mileage, the Focus won hands down. But a little more needs to be considered before declaring the Focus an uncontested winner. First consider that the sx4 weighs significantly more than the Focus. Second consider that the sx4 comes standard with all wheel and four wheel drive. How many cars in its class can claim that? Finally, the Focus may have better gas mileage, but it is a front wheel drive car. Now think to yourself, how many four wheel drive vehicles get 25 miles to the gallon? Short list? Add the sx4 to that list. I suppose in light of the arguments, I’m going to call them a tie on that subject.

So you have a small car with four wheel ...

• drive and decent gas mileage. What’s the next thing to consider when looking at the sx4. Of course you want to consider power. In comparison to my old Focus, the sx4 feels a little sluggish on starting, but I find that it is more than adequate for my needs. I’m not a need for speed kind of girl after all.

The steering is by far superior to my old Focus, as were the brakes. On the focus, steering was a bit of a stiffer function, and brakes were always on the mushy side. But on the sx4 i could steer with my pinky if I really wanted to and those brakes can stop me on a dime. ABS is standard and of course I tried it out.

It was the quietest least shocking set of anti lock brakes I’ve ever stomped on.

Another cute and convenient standard feature on the sx4 is radio controls on the steering wheel. It might seem like a small thing, but I’ve found it to be one of my favorite features. And the sx4 may not be ipod compatible like the new focus, but you can buy an attachment to make it so.

Overall, this is the perfect car for someone one a budget who needs four wheel drive. It runs around 16,000 dollars which generally means you can have payments similar to those on a used four wheel drive. Same payment but new car sounds like a good deal to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9604332300330/k2311a046/4.6.08