Boar’s Head Reduced Sodium Turkey Breast  » Food  »
  • The problem with many reduced sodium lunch meats is that the flavor is also reduced
  • Take two slices of pumpernickel (or rye bread, but I prefer pumpernickel)---spread butter on one slice

• by Famous

I have long since given up buying pre-packaged cold cuts for sandwiches. For this reason, I have decided to buy freshly deli-sliced turkey breast for all my sandwiches.

I visited my local Kroger and had them slice the reduced sodium Boar’s Head turkey breast.

At about $8 per pound, I felt it was a good lunchtime investment.

In any event, I got home and decided to give it an unadulterated taste—free of sandwich dressings, bread, and the whole nine.

The problem with many reduced sodium lunch meats is that the flavor is also reduced.

But when I dove into this meat, it was profoundly succulent.

Furthermore you get more of the turkey flavor ...

• without preservatives and extra seasoning.

I have decided that this turkey is absolutely perfect for Turkey Reubens.

Take two slices of pumpernickel (or rye bread, but I prefer pumpernickel)—spread butter on one slice.

Layer a few slices of turkey, one slice of swiss cheese, southwest or thousand island dressing, and top with sauerkraut.

To make it a

panini, simply grill the sandwich on a sandwich maker or a George Foreman grill.

There are actually lots of turkey sandwich recipes you can prepare this way.

The Reuben just happens to be one of my favorites.

I would suggest buying this kind of turkey as it is incredibly healthy, and much better for you than pre-packaged cold cuts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27404331820230/k2311a044/4.4.08