Whirlpool 9400 S Front Load Washer  » Electronics  »
  • Consequently, it doesn't cost me that much in electric costs
  • I use the large load setting and cold/warm water and it seems to give me the best results
  • We have the washer in our finished basement and had a bit of a problem leveling the washer, but I think that was more due to the floor than it was to the washer
  • I love the fact that the washer is so quiet

• by amandafishy

I love my washer. It gets a lot of use. It is not unusual for me to put a load or 2 of wash in a day. The wash cycle may be a bit long but it does such a nice job of washing, that I really don’t care. My husband works in a paper mill and sometimes his clothing just stinks. I just throw the clothes in and don’t use a whole lot of soap either. After the wash cycle, I pull the clothes out and not a hint of stink. The washer is an efficient water user. Consequently, it doesn’t cost me that much in electric costs. I use the large load setting and cold/warm water and it seems to give me the best results.

think that was more due to the floor than it was to the washer. There are no problems to think of and it is difficult to review without glorifying the washer. I love the fact that the washer is so quiet. You can start a load of wash and be working around the machine and forget that you have wash in the washer. The only thing you notice while it is running is when the rinse cycle is happening. It is at that time that the washer will jiggle but it is hardly noticeable.

The washer is built like a rock and weighs just about as much. The washer is about 250 pound and once you have the thing leveled and put where you want it, I wouldn’t suggest trying to move it around again unless you have another person to help you. In addition,

• this washer has some really nice features. It has it’s own inner water heater. This is really handy if you have people takeng showers. Now I can wash clothes and take a shower all at the same time. Before if you were washing you needed to wait till the wash was done and then give the water heater about ½ hour to reheat the water before you could take a comfortable shower. Now I don’t have to worry about that anymore. I really love that.

It has a whole bunch of programs, but I only use 3 of them. One of the programs I use is the clean washer cycle. You just pour some bleach in and run the cycle. It really cleans the washer out nicely and all that is left is to take a wet cloth and wipe the basket out. I just don’t

have the need to use all the programs. It is a front load washer and because I have back problems it really works for me. It is a really nice to have a large wash basket. Before I was afraid to put a whole lot in my washer, but now I can put all kinds of things together that doesn’t fade.

It is an expensive machine, but it really washes well and is efficient to use. It will pay for itself in a couple of years. It is set up for the dryer which I didn’t buy because I couldn’t afford the set. It really looks nice with the way I have my basement set up. It looks more like a piece of plain furniture than a washing machine almost like the stove upstairs

I love Whirlpool products they are dependable, are well made and do a good job.

Kristi says :

We have noticed some of our clothes mainly shirts have been coming out of the washer with small holes in them. Usually eraserhead size or smaller. The other day I did a load of dark clothes which had jeans and pants and some dark polo type shirts and dark tshirts. One of the dark shirts came out with the whole entire sleeve looking like someone had took scissors to it. I have had that happen to 2 different shirts in 2 different loads but the smaller holes are appearing in all different types of loads. I was just wondering if you or anyone else has had this problem or know what it could possibly be caused from. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

John says :

Look inside of the washer to see if there are any sharp surfaces that have been created. You should also check to make sure that there are no sharp surfaces, such as sharp zippers that are attached to any of the clothes. Does this happen with both whites and colors? I’ve noticed that this tends to happens sometimes when too much bleach is used.

Galega says :

That is a serious problem. Your clothes are getting ruined. But, the problem lies with you. The first thing you need to do is to wash the machine properly. There might be some small objects lying there which is creating holes. Next, is to see whether there are any obstructions in the tub or not. Further, you should know that damaged drum or loose drum lifter can also cause this problem. Check everything and proceed accordingly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16404331790230/k2311a044/4.4.08