Fridgidair FAA086 Window Air Conditioner  » Electronics  »
  • One thing that this air conditioner does is cool, but I recommend you leave it in one room, don't try to cool the entire house it won't work
  • There are several adjustments that can be made on the remote and it looked very convenient
  • Ok, by this time I thought there was something wrong with the machine and I called up the store I bought it from
  • You would think that something so simple would not be a problem in design for an air conditioner
  • One of the things I like about the air conditioner is that it has a full 5 year warranty with Frigidaire

• by amandafishy

One thing that this air conditioner does is cool, but I recommend you leave it in one room, don’t try to cool the entire house it won’t work!. I got the thing at home depot for $198 and it seemed like a good price at the time. How I am not so sure. The air conditioner is big and clumsy in fact it takes 2 people to install the thing. It weighs 60 plus pounds. With just one person it is just too difficult for one person to handle and install.

It is a powerful unit at 8,000 BTU and in 100 degree weather it can make a bedroom or large living room downright cold. I liked that remote control that comes with the unit. There are several adjustments that can be made on the remote and it looked very convenient. The surprise comes when you turn the unit on. Oh

my God, it is almost as loud as the vacuum cleaner. When you have it on the lowest setting, you can at least listen to the television. Any more than that and you can’t, it is just impossible to understand anything. The remote is nice and you can adjust it really well. Then the air conditioner will talk to you with a piercing beep. That is nothing but annoying. This happens every time you do any type of adjusting on the machine. On, off, adjust temp they all beep. It beeps after “each and every” degree you adjust it. Ok, by this time I thought there was something wrong with the machine and I called up the store I bought it from. They said no that is the way the machine works. Ok this is just stupid. Did they not do any product testing with real people before they starting selling ...

• the unit?

Then the next annoying thing is the drip pan that goes outside to drip on the ground. This thing never drips out correctly. Water will sit at the bottom of the unit in the drip pan and if you aren’t using it regularly, the water will get stale and stink. The hole where it drips through blocks very easily with the result of water backing up into the house. You would think that something so simple would not be a problem in design for an air conditioner.

The window panels are worthless. I ended up rigging something up so I didn’t get warm air or critters into the house. I would get warm air coming in from outside, bugs and rain water coming in. This is just ridiculous. I just duct tape to tape the panels to the sides of the windows so they wouldn’t slide around. At the slightest touch they would move

and you would have open access to the outside world.

When we opened the product and started installing there were installation parts missing. We went back to the store and a service person stole them from another box so we could install our air conditioner. One of the things I like about the air conditioner is that it has a full 5 year warranty with Frigidaire. That is wonderful. Since you usually on use a air conditioner about 4 months out of a year, you should be able to get at least 5 years out the the thing. One thing I have to admit though is that it really cools. It cools so good you could almost hang meat in our bedroom if left on long enough. It is hard to evaluate. It is a good cooling machine, but is a pain in the neck otherwise. Is it worth it? I don’t know!

pauline says :

i lost my instrustions on how to install my ar unit because i installed it but i keep getting leaking on my floor we were going to go over the instrutions to see if we missed something but ive miss placed them can you please help us? LG Life Good 8000 BTU LWHD 8008R

Galega says :

I don’t think even seeing the instruction manual will be helpful in this case. Your AC is new (assuming since you have installed it only recently) and hence there is little possibility of clogging because of dust and debris. Issues with the condensate drain line are the other cause of an air conditioner leaking water inside the house. That might have happened with your case. You should call the customer care and ask them to install it properly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16404331780230/k2311a044/4.4.08