Annette Bening (actress)  » People  »
  • Secondly, I don't think she does very well at playing a tortured victim

• by Famous

Annette Bening is one of those actresses most people either love or hate. The odd thing is that I can’t seem to pick which one that applies to me. There are movies where I feel her personal shtick is great for the purpose of the film.

Prime example is “American Beauty” where her stick in the mud, upper crust attitude

serves the story very well. In that regard, she was wonderful for that film.

Move over to thrillers like “In Dreams. ” I liked the film in general, and was really happy to see that Robert Downey, Jr.

was playing a villain. Anyway, Bening’s role in this film was really weird.

First of all, I felt that her character seemed too ...

• old for Aidan Quinn’s. Secondly, I don’t think she does very well at playing a tortured victim.

She assumed a lot of the same attitude, phrasing and diction that she does in other movies. So it becomes very difficult not to typecast her.

There is something else that intrigues me, and that’s the world’s fascination with the fact that she

“snagged” Warren Beatty. Apparently, he’s supposed to be on of Hollywood’s most elusive bachelors (prior to marrying Bening) —and had even dated Madonna.

But for some reason, the world seems simply fixed on what she did to snag him. In any event, she is certainly a worthy actress.

I am just wondering if she’s not more overrated than people give her credit for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52404331770230/k2311a044/4.4.08