Robert Carlyle (actor)  » People  »
  • I was quite impressed by how easily he was able to slip into an unexpected rage at the drop of a dime
  • I know of another film he's in called Angela's Ashes

• by Famous

If you have seen “Trainspotting” then you have been privy to the wonderful acting skills of Robert Carlyle. As Francis Begby, he demonstrated the superb ability to portray a completely sadistic, slightly psychotic Scotsman with a penchant for random violence. This role seems to be easily played by many different actors.

But in this movie he seems to nail all the emotions exactly.

I was quite impressed by how easily he was able to slip into an unexpected rage at the drop of a dime.

I’d never seen any other films with him in it. So at the time that “Trainspotting” was released, I didn’t have anything to compare his acting skills to.

But then eventually I saw him again “28 Weeks Later,” a horror sequel to ...

• “28 Days Later. ” In this movie, he portrays a father who is reunited with his children after London has been evacuated due to a rage virus.

Seeing him in this benign role just confirmed for me that he has the ability to tap into a range of emotions. He not only had to be a doting and loving father and husband, but also a rage-infected maniac.

I’m sure that jumping between the two can’t be easy. But Carlyle nails the act completely.

I know of another film he’s in called “Angela’s Ashes. ” I understand that this film is very poignant and moving.

But I have not brought myself to watch it yet. However, I can tell from trailers that that film does even more to prove his fine acting ability.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52404331610230/k2311a044/4.4.08