A Nightmare on Elm Street 2-Disc Edition  » Movies  »
  • Unfortunately I ended up being fairly disappointed
  • I know that the new features are supposed to give you more of a perspective on the movie, but it was nothing that I hadn't heard or read before
  • I also have the large set of all the movies, and I like the special features on that one a lot better
  • This set isn't really worth the extra $20 I paid for it
  • As much as I love this movie, there just isn't enough new features to make me recommend it to anyone

• by Jenn Eblin

I’ve always been a fan of the Nightmare On Elm Street series, and in particular the first movie. The day they released this special edition, I picked it up right away and happily put it in my DVD player. Unfortunately I ended up being fairly disappointed. I know that the new

features are supposed to give you more of a perspective on the movie, but it was nothing that I hadn’t heard or read before.

I also have the large set of all the movies, and I like the special features on that one a lot better. This set isn’t really worth the ...

• extra $20 I paid for it. One thing I was really looking forward to was the trivia track because I assumed it would be similar to pop up video, or something like that.

Instead the trivia track works like an extra subtitle feature, so you have to turn the subtitles off to

watch the movie. The so-called trivia is actually little facts that you can find on the other releases ,or hear directly from the people involved with the movie on other things.

As much as I love this movie, there just isn’t enough new features to make me recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11404331450130/k2311a044/4.4.08