Schmit’s Ballroom Wausau WI  » Business  »
Wausau Wisconsin
  • The taste is almost like when you go to Kentucky Fried chicken and in my opinion, they have excellent chicken

• by amandafishy

This is great place for wedding and large receptions. The people that own Schmit’s are very professional. We had our wedding reception there and I was so, so happy. We paid $9 per plate of food and we had chicken and ham and it was all the food you could eat. That was a lot of food - everyone was full when they went home that night. It was not just one plate and that is all you get, it was family style and would keep on bringing the food. The chicken was super. I love their

chicken. The taste is almost like when you go to Kentucky Fried chicken and in my opinion, they have excellent chicken. The ham was fresh country ham, not ham out of a can. Fresh country ham is very tasty with a white gravy made from the ham. We had potatoes, beans, corn, stuffing, rolls and all the fresh veggies you could eat. Their stuffing is really good - it is home made with Italian sausage and has a real unique flavor. It was a wonderful compliment to the chicken and ham.

We had about 300 eating and they served ...

• right on time and were fast. People didn’t have to sit and wait for food. Every time there was a plate of food empty they were right there. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had some spills happen at one of the tables and they quickly cleaned that up and reset things so people could eat. The bartenders were great with the people and the drinks were excellent.

They also served the wedding cake and they didn’t butcher it like I have seen them do sometimes. They very maticulously saved the top of my cake

and boxed it up for me to save for a year. I even got a wedding card from the owners and the wait staff. I thought that was really cool.

The staff decorated the hall also and they did a beautiful job. They had like Christmas tree lights hanging from the ceiling with paper bells matching the girls dresses. There was beautiful table settings on all the tables.

My husband & I were extremely happy with everything at the hall. The price for the meal was reasonable and everything was expected. We had a lovely time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41304330890430/k2311a043/4.3.08