The Simpsons Season 3  » TV  »
  • The third season of The Simpsons isn't exactly the best season in the show's history, but it's far from the worst too
  • That problem doesn't appear too much in the third season
  • Another memorable episode from the season that I really enjoyed was when Sideshow Bob was released from prison and married Patty, only to try and kill her at the end

• by Jenn Eblin

The third season of The Simpsons isn’t exactly the best season in the show’s history, but it’s far from the worst too. When you watch the earlier seasons now, it can sometimes be hard to compare the characters to how they look and sound now. That problem doesn’t appear too much in the third season.

Watching it now, I was

surprised at how many episodes I remember from this season, especially since I wasn’t allowed to watch it at the time. I was fairly young, and my parents didn’t think it was appropriate for young viewers. I’m assuming that most of the episodes I remember were ones that I watched in syndication.

The season itself has its high and low points.

• Lisa still ate meat, so it was cute to see her chomping down on a pork chop at dinner. Homer reaches a new low when he agrees to manage a country music singer’s career, and she ends up falling in love with him. That episode with Lurlene has to go on my list of favorite all time episodes, if only
        for the songs. Right now, I’m still singing one of the songs. “I finally bagged me a homer.”

Another memorable episode from the season that I really enjoyed was when Sideshow Bob was released from prison and married Patty, only to try and kill her at the end.

It’s hard to watch this season now, and still not burst out laughing several times.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10304329920230/k2311a043/4.3.08