The Undead Next Door by Kerrelybn Sparks  » Books  »
  • Maybe it's the fact that I live in Texas but I love it when they bring vampires to the state in books

• by safira angel

What happens when you take an ancient vampire clothing designer and stick him in a small town in Texas to hide? Lot’s of laughs in the pages of Kerrelyn Sparks latest book. Poor Jean Luc has never felt as out of place in all of his years as he does when he meets Texan Heather Westfield. Add in Heather’s young daughter and a psycho killer

vampire out to get Jean Luc and it ends up being a story that’s not just heart warming but scary and funny all at once.

Maybe it’s the fact that I live in Texas but I love it when they bring vampires to the state in books. For one thing it’s so hot and sunny here that it’s one of the last places on earth ...

• that anyone would ever expect to find a vampire. Then there’s the fact that the vampire in question is a hot shot fashion designer. Now I love Texas but the fashion capital of the world we surely are not.

One of the things that I really loved best though was the fact that that Heather becomes the love of his life and she’s not some supermodel

type but a curvy real woman. Not all women look like stic figures and I love it when writers showcase women characters that look more like the average woman. Average women need love and excitement too.

On the other hand I only gave it an 8 rather than a 10 because while it was funny and the characters were great the plotline itself was slightly predictable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17304329900230/k2311a043/4.3.08