Fed Ex Carol Stream IL  » General services  »
0.5
Carol Stream Illinois
  • I spent the entire day waiting for the delivery, however the driver was never at my address
  • The customer service representative that I spoke with clearly just said what I wanted to here

• by Kate Robertsen

On Friday February 29, I arrived home to find that a package was attempted to be delivered. I called (800)GO FEDEX to confirm that another attempt would be made the following day, because I am only available on Saturdays during daytime hours. I was reassured that Saturday is a regular business day, and a second attempt would be made.

I spent the entire day waiting for the delivery, however the driver was never at my address. When I logged on to track my package, it said that the driver attempted at 4:38 pm but the customer was not home.

I spoke with Bradley at Cam Loops CAT (not really sure what that stands for or if it’s the correct spelling?) He stated that he would try to contact the local ground

office, located in Carol Stream, IL and see what the miscommunication was on Saturday and would call me back on the following Tuesday. I did receive a follow up call around 3:30, but he did not really have any more information just that he was unable to contact anyone at the office but would continue to try calling.

When I arrived home there was another door tag, stating that a 2nd attempt (on Tuesday March 4, not the previously confirmed Saturday) was made but unable to deliver. But Fed Ex was already aware that I wasn’t going to be home, but no one could contact the driver to tell him that he was wasting his time.

I called Bradley around 6:00 pm to find some resolution to get my package and was told that ...

• he was on the phone, but would call me back if I left my phone number. I waited until 7:00 then called again, was given the same line that he was unavailable but would call me back, I insisted on holding.

Bradley said that he would have one of his coworkers attempt to call dispatch earlier to request delivery after 6:00 and follow up the next day (now Wednesday March 5). I called Bradley at 4:00 pm and he stated that he had spoke with someone in dispatch and requested a time delivery, however it was not guaranteed.

The driver was not able to wait until after 6:00, and left a door tag stating that it was the final attempt. I now have to spend my next day off (Saturday March 8, more than

one week after the original attempt) driving 55 miles one way to pick up a package, that is nothing more than a standard size envelope, because there are no communication channels for a company that has clearly outgrown itself.

The customer service representative that I spoke with clearly just said what I wanted to here. Furthermore, when I asked where I would have to pick up the package, I received an address that did not coincide with the directions I was given.

Probably because I was speaking with someone in Texas to find my way around an area I am somewhat familiar with having lived here all my life. This is simply more evidence that Fed Ex is a company that is far too oversized and out of touch what customer service really is.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25304329880230/k2311a043/4.3.08