Richard Harris (actor)  » People  »
  • What I like about him as an actor is that he is so gifted to play leading charismatic figures
  • Personally I think that he is a better Professor Dumbledore than Michael Gambon, without diminishing the latter's merits
  • Unfortunately now he is dead and I personally think that it is a huge loss for the 7th Art

• by Ashbiz

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

When I first saw the biblical movie Abraham some years ago, I was pleasantly surprised with late Richard Harris. However in those years I did not pay attention to the actor’s name. I just knew Richard Harris as the one playing Abraham. When he played Professor Albus Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter movies, even then I failed

to recognise him as the one I have seen as Abraham. By the way, I do not often read castings before I see a film.

It was only on his death when Michael Gambon obtains the role of Dumbledore for the Harry Potter movie that I started to discover what an excellent actor Richard Harris has been. What I like ...

• about him as an actor is that he is so gifted to play leading charismatic figures. I even wonder whether he would have been a political leader had he not been acting.

Personally I think that he is a better Professor Dumbledore than Michael Gambon, without diminishing the latter’s merits. Richard Harris in his leading roles has a father like

touch over his subjects. The characters he plays have the art of leading others without force.

Unfortunately now he is dead and I personally think that it is a huge loss for the 7th Art. Great man he is Dumbledore, as Hagrid used to say. Rest in peace.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52304329590130/k2311a043/4.3.08