The DaVinci Code (Movie)
  • My biggest problem is that I just can't picture Tom Hanks in the lead role

• by Jenn Eblin

I really wanted to like the DaVinci Code, mainly because I loved the book so much and read it multiple times. That said, I just couldn’t get into this movie. When I tried to watch the DVD, I ended up putting it in at least 4-5 times before I ever made my way

through the whole movie.

My biggest problem is that I just can’t picture Tom Hanks in the lead role. The way he’s described in the book is something of the professor that all the college girls have a crush on. He’s not exactly sexy, but dashing and that doesn’t really describe Hanks. He ...

• seems more like a dad than a sex object.

Jean Reno is a real delight in the movie though, as the police office hunting down the duo. Ian McKellan is great too, as the friend with ulterior motives.

I was also drawn into the settings used in the movie. It’s not often that

you can see some of the greatest historical monuments in all of Europe in a single movie. My other problem is that it takes too long to build up to the action, and once it gets there, the action tends to disappear too quickly. I’d pick the book over the movie any day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11304329450130/k2311a043/4.3.08