Wal-Mart Supercenter Manchester TN  » Shopping  »
0.5
2518 Hillsboro Blvd. Manchester, TN. 37355
  • I like going to shopping centers that offer a lot of variety
  • I think they put smaller businesses out of work
  • I go in to buy just a few items , and I get to the register with an estimate in my head of what it would cost at a normal store, and it always ends up being a lot more then what I thought it was going to be
  • If you must use Walmart Supercenter for your one stop shopping, I feel sorry for you but I don't recommend using them

• by Dani C.

I like going to shopping centers that offer a lot of variety. Places where you can do what is called one stop shopping. This saves me on gas and on time. I want to tell you about the worst place I have ever done one stop shopping in my life. It is called Walmart Supercenter.

It is located in Manchester, but it’s not just one location that I have trouble with, it’s every single one that I have been to. They are a monopoly, so you can find them everywhere, usually on every street corner. I think they put smaller businesses out of work.

The reasons I hate WalMart Supercenter so much are as follows. Other then a good variety of items to shop for, there are no redeeming qualities to this chain store super giant.

Their

pricing is outrageous. I have never been to a store before with such overpriced crap. I go in to buy just a few items , and I get to the register with an estimate in my head of what it would cost at a normal store, and it always ends up being a lot more then what I thought it was going to be. This isn’t because I suck at math or anything, it’s because all of their stuff is way overpriced. The few items you catch on sale or have coupons for don’t make up for all the other overpriced stuff.

The staff at Walmart Supercenter are very annoying. They never seem to be able to help you when you need it and always have to go off and ask someone else to help you. They also don’t ...

• go out of their way to ask you if you need help. You stand around or walk around for a long time waiting for someone to help you.

You better be in good shape when you shop at Walmart Supercenter too because they are so hungry for money that their stores just keep getting bigger and bigger and you have to walk half a mile from one side of the store to the other to purchase anything.

What bugs me the most about Walmart Supercenter, besides the overpricing, is the checkout lines. I can go in for one item or 30 items and it doesn’t matter. I still end up waiting in the checkout line for 45 minutes. What is so sad to me about it is that they offer 60 checkout lines but only have maybe 5-10

open at one time. This doesn’t make sense to me, it’s like they are trying to make you suffer a long wait. If you have 60 checkout lines, and a lot of people waiting in the 5 lines you have open, shouldn’t you go open a few more new lines? They never do. They just make you stand there and wait and wait and I hate it! They do offer automatic checkout lines that never work properly. These are fun if you want to chase someone down to come help you work it.

Overall I rate Walmart Supercenter 1 out 10 for overpricing, unhelpful, clueless employees, and for checkout lines that take 45 minutes to go through. If you must use Walmart Supercenter for your one stop shopping, I feel sorry for you but I don’t recommend using them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24204329180330/k2311a042/4.2.08