Allied Van Lines  » General services  »
  • I thought that took guts after being so rude while going through the house
  • How interesting that would have been, Allied unloading someone else's furniture at our new house
  • I can't tell you how disappointed I was when they delivered everything
  • That was probably the best thing I ever did

• by amandafishy

My husband’s job had us moving a lot. One of the times we moved Allied moved us. Without writing nasty, I can only say it was bad!

The guy that showed up to give us the quote was a pill. He smelled like liquor and had a smart mouth. When he rang the door bell he just about didn’t give us enough time to get to the door to let him in. If it would have been a minute or so longer, he would have left. We had a big house at the time and were upstairs. When we let him in, he huffed and puffed like we had made him shovel a hole. It

was just ridiculous. He went through the house and made notes on everything and while taking notes he was making all kinds of derogatory comments about our furniture and what not. He then sat down in the kitchen with his computer and notes and requested a cup of coffee. I thought that took guts after being so rude while going through the house. After giving me the estimate, I nearly dropped over dead. The estimate was over $6,000. We were in a hurry to move or I would have tried another moving company.

When I saw them pack things into the van I already knew that this move would come to no good. Also, it took them forever to load. There were 7 people and they did more talking than they did working. I took more than a day and a half to load and then what were we going to do for food or sleeping or clothing! Good Grief. It got so bad that I left to my sister’s house and had my husband pick me up later.

For delivery it took a day longer than expected. The dispatcher got something screwed up and they nearly delivered our furniture to the wrong destination. How interesting that would have been, Allied unloading someone else’s furniture at our new house. Although that may have been better in the long run. I can’t tell you how ...

• Allied Van Lines
      disappointed I was when they delivered everything. I had stuff missing. How in the world can you loose something in a moving van driving down the road. I think the jerks stole some of my stuff. I had a glass patio table that was in pieces when it arrives I was almost sick. The sofa was ripped in several spots and so were the chairs. There were wet spots on some of the furniture. Either the van leaked during the rain or someone dumped something on my furniture. That wasn’t even the half of it. I was so glad we packed a good share of my Grandmother’s china and our jewelry and drove
      it ourselves

After getting the stuff out of the van and in the house, the first thing I did was call the moving company. I was P.O.’d to the max. I’d get the receptionist on the phone and she would promise to get my message to the proper people. 2 days elapsed, then 3 days and then I called the Better Business Bureau. That was probably the best thing I ever did. Then things started happening. They must have gotten a call form the BBB and were threaten with something.

Before I would use them again, I would take UHaul and do it myself even if it took me weeks to get it done. Don’t use them, they SUCK!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25204329020330/k2311a042/4.2.08