The Phantom (Movie)  » Movies  »
  • Every few years I re-watch the movie, and every time I end up feeling a little disappointed
  • I like to think that it's the former, if only because it makes more sense
  • The plot of the movie is rather lame and boring, but Catherine Zeta-Jones lights up the screen every time she appears
  • After all his experience in B-movies, he knows how to have fun while acting and that shows
  • That is definitely not something that we saw in Titanic

• by Jenn Eblin

The Phantom is a movie that stands out in my mind as one of the greatest comic book movies of all time. Sadly though my memories never actually live up to the real movie. Every few years I re-watch the movie, and every time I end up feeling a little disappointed.

I can’t

tell if this was meant to be a tongue in cheek kind of thing, or if everyone was actually taking it seriously. I like to think that it’s the former, if only because it makes more sense. There is nothing in this movie that seems serious, and even the actors seem to ...

• be goofing off.

The plot of the movie is rather lame and boring, but Catherine Zeta-Jones lights up the screen every time she appears. The same holds true for Billy Zane. Zane seems to know that this movie is nothing more than a B-movie. After all his experience in B-movies, he knows

how to have fun while acting and that shows. I also have to admit that I enjoy the scenes where he doffs his shirt. That is definitely not something that we saw in Titanic.

This isn’t the worst movie ever made, but I can think of better ways to waste ninety minutes of my time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11204328610230/k2311a042/4.2.08