2007 Dodge Dakota
  • It has enough power for my purpose and is cost effective as far as fuel is concerned
  • That is another reason I bought the truck
  • I think that the truck's ride is smoother because the bed is shorter
  • I like the styling it reminds me of the Dodge Ram
  • It is a nice truck for the job I do and would recommend it to someone who is not doing heavy duty things but is looking for a flexible vehicle with the ability to go through snow and has good economical fuel mileage

• by amandafishy

This is a nice mid size truck. These mid size trucks are really changing so you get this big truck feeling without the big truck price or gas mileage.

I generally don’t go after Dodge or Chrysler products, but at the time I was shopping the price was right. I bought the Dakota Quad cab. This cab gives me lots of room. Because I do quite a bit of traveling this was a very practical choice. I can put my cooler back there, sales books, clothing, boots and sometimes I need to carry parts to and it all goes into the quad cab. It is also very easy to get my stuff out of the cab with its 4 doors without having to use a lot of physical exertion. Of course, there is a tradeoff for having the large cab. The truck bed is shorter and you don’t have a great amount of storage room

back there. For my purposes, this was good enough. I wanted a truck and would have rather had the storage in the cab as opposed to the bed of the pickup.

My pickup is a 4WD 6 cylinder SLT. It has power windows, keyless entry, electric mirrors and a security system. One thing that it gave, that I never new existed was the engine kill. I still don’t know why anyone would need that. It has enough power for my purpose and is cost effective as far as fuel is concerned. It is a 4 speed automatic and is very good on gas with miles per gallon in the vicinity of the mid 20’s. I tow my one snowmobile and occasionally garbage to the dump but that is about it. It has plenty of power for those 2 things.

I really like the power seat of this truck. It is easy ...

• to adjust it to perfection. The drivers seat is very comfortable with good lumbar support. When I am not using the truck for work, I use it for bird hunting and it is my doggies seat. The seat flops down and gives my dog lots of room to stretch out. I cover it up with a large blanket and he has his own spot in the truck. The seats are cloth and really resilient with all the punishment of dragging things in and out like I do. The inside of the truck is also quite stylish. We had an old 1986 Dodge and they sure have changed the inside styling since then. The Dodges have always had a good reputation when it comes to it’s reliable engine. That is another reason I bought the truck. The truck drives really well and is really smooth. I think that the truck’s ride is
        smoother because the bed is shorter. I like the styling it reminds me of the Dodge Ram.

One thing that I do notice and really don’t like is the fact that the truck doesn’t have a lot of guts for passing or climbing hills. It doesn’t have a lot to put into it. When shifting, it is very obvious when it goes from gear to gear. Scares me and makes me wonder when something is going to quit! The steering and brakes are very quick, so be prepared. The brakes will send you flying and the steering is as it should be.

The price for a new Dakota truck was good at $18,000. It is a nice truck for the job I do and would recommend it to someone who is not doing heavy duty things but is looking for a flexible vehicle with the ability to go through snow and has good economical fuel mileage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9104328370730/k2311a041/4.1.08