Titanic Museum Branson MO
3235 76 Country Blvd & Hwy 165, Branson, MO, tel 1-800-381-7670
  • We really enjoyed this museum however, once you've been through I can't imagine why you would need to go back
  • I recommend visiting the Titanic Museum at least once, the tour is very interesting and educational

• by mememe

My daughter bought me tickets one year for my birthday to tour the Titanic Museum in Branson, MO. Upon arrival we were given a boarding pass with the name of a real Titanic passenger, at the end of the tour we found out what happened to our passenger. My lady was a 3rd class passenger and she didn’t make it. It would be much better if there were more details about her, it really made me curious about this ladies life and what she was like leading up to the disaster.

When you enter the building you walk through a faux iceberg which

sets the mood for the tour. The tour is approximately an hour and a half long and requires a lot of walking and reading. You will see several people dressed as crewmembers including the Captain moving around the ship. There are several displays of personal effects of the passengers and victims of the Titanic and the White Star Line Shipping Co. The displayed items were not taken from the recovered wreck site but were either collected from passengers or found floating in the water after the sinking of the Titanic. These items belonged to passengers and crewmembers and there ...

• are stories surrounding the displays.

The tour also includes re-created rooms throughout the ship including the Captains Bridge, and the dinning room. If any of you saw the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet you will remember that beautiful now famous staircase, this museum has a replica of that staircase that you can walk down.

There is an area that you can sit in a lifeboat and hear the survival stories of some of the rescued passengers. You can touch an icy iceberg and look at the starry night. The recreation transports you back to that fateful night of the

Titanic sinking.

We really enjoyed this museum however, once you’ve been through I can’t imagine why you would need to go back. They must of thought of that too as they run special programs every once in a while and now young romantics can actually get married on that famous staircase. They also have holiday themed parties, such as Christmas, New Years and Valentines Day parties.

Titanic Tickets run about $20 for adults and $10 for children. During the summer and fall they are opened all day from 9am-9pm. I recommend visiting the Titanic Museum at least once, the tour is very interesting and educational.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38104328350730/k2311a041/4.1.08