You’ve Been Warned by James Patterson  » Books  »
2.5
  • Honestly, I'm not sure what to say about this book because it kept me on the edge of my seat, and I was hoping to find out what happened but I ended up feeling very disappointed

• by Jenn Eblin

I’m starting to get a little frustrated with James Patterson, and beginning to wonder if he even bothers to write anymore. Many of his recent books have been “co-authored” with another writer, and I recently learned how this works.

Basically Patterson comes up with an idea, and turns it over to another author. This writer does the actual writing, but sticks with his pattern of short

chapters and shorter words. That is what happened with this book.

Honestly, I’m not sure what to say about this book because it kept me on the edge of my seat, and I was hoping to find out what happened but I ended up feeling very disappointed. I wanted an ending that made sense, but this one was completely confusing. I tried to explain the plot ...

• to a friend, and they decided not to even bother with the book.

The main character is completely annoying. This is a woman who is sleeping with a married man, and makes it clear from the very beginning that she has no qualms about her behavior. She believes that because his wife is rude and spoiled, it’s fine for her to sleep with the woman’s husband.

As the book progresses, I wanted to know why the man even bothered. His mistress is as annoying and self-centered as his wife.

Then there’s the ending itself, which makes absolutely no sense. I still have no idea what happened, or if the character is dead or alive. All I can do is hope that at some point Patterson goes back to writing on his own.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17104328070730/k2311a041/4.1.08