Friday the 13th  » Movies  »
  • To this day that music freaks me out a little, especially if I am by myself is a dark room

• by Jenn Eblin

The first Friday the 13th movie is the one that few people remember. They forget that Kevin Bacon appeared in the movie, and they forget that Jason Vorhees was merely an afterthought. Most people completely forget that it was actually his mother who was the first killer.

Watching this movie now, do not understand how they

based ten other movies around the idea. We are given a complete movie: a beginning, middle, and end. The ending wraps up the movie, and doesn’t seem to leave room for a sequel. Yet we are later “treated” to ten more movies with Jason Vorhees as a killing machine.

The one thing I do love ...

• about this movie though is that it sets up that classic music. To this day that music freaks me out a little, especially if I am by myself is a dark room. Still though, this isn’t the type of movie that most people are going to love, even diehard horror movie fans like myself. The
        killings seem a little old fashioned, and I had to throw my logic out the window. There’s no way one woman could have done as many things as she did, and the counselor should not have recognized her. If he had recognized her as who she was, he would have ran away when he had the chance.

Friday the 13th

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113103327450731/k2311a0331/3.31.08