The Killing Moon (song, Echo & the Bunnymen)
  • When I read the lyrics, I think about death

• by Famous

I have to admit that I have absolutely no idea what this song is really about. When I read the lyrics, I think about death.

The blue moon reference, and “take me up in your arms” line makes me think that the lead singer is embracing an impending death.

I have heard that the first line of

the hook for the “The Killing Moon” came to the lead singer upon waking in the morning.

Furthermore, it is said that it’s really about a “moon with a machine gun”.

I have no idea what this means.

But this song first made its appearance in my collection after I saw the movie “Donnie Darko.

” The song ...

• is used to mark a scene in which Donnie (Jake Gyllenhaal) wakes up in the middle of the road (from sleepwalking) and then rides his bike through the dawn back home.

Since this whole movie revolves around death, and time travel, I fel the song is fitting.

It dawned on me later, that I’d heard the song during the

80’s but never really paid attention, even though I liked it.

The music is incredibly haunting and very well orchestrated, and is a true representation of the gothic industrial music scene that befell the 80’s.

Written in 1984, this song was actually the most popular song that gothic group, Echo & the Bunnymen ever made.

I can certainly see why.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 143003326341131/k2311a0330/3.30.08