Movie Friday (1995)  » Movies  »
  • I love to watch movies, and I have quite an extensive movie collection going on
  • The premise may seem boring, but I assure you it is not

• by Charles Brown

I love to watch movies, and I have quite an extensive movie collection going on. One of the movies in that collection that I love to watch over and over again is “Friday,” starring Ice Cube and Chris Tucker.

Ice Cube plays Craig, a now grown man, still living with his folks in the hood.

The movie begins

on Friday morning, when Craig - who is recently unemployed, (he was fired on his day off for stealing boxes) awakens and is berated by his father and told to look for a job that day.

Craig meets up with his buddy Smokey (Chris Tucker), and they spend most of the day hanging out on Craig’s ...

• front porch and interacting with friends, (and enemies).

The premise may seem boring, but I assure you it is not.

It is one of the most hilarious movies I have ever seen.

Craig and Smokey end up getting threatened by a drug dealer, and narrowly escape getting killed in a drive-by shooting.

So there is action and drama,

as well as comedy in the movie.

There is even a love interest for Craig.

This movie gives the rest of the world a peek inside the goings on inside the hood, and there is a lesson to be learned here.

I won’t spoil it by telling what that lesson is, so if you haven’t seen this movie, go watch it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112903326111231/k2311a0329/3.29.08