Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (1994)  » Movies  »
  • Kenneth Branagh's adaptation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, is one of the best Frankenstein movies that has ever been made
  • I recommend this movie to anyone who likes good old fashioned horror

• by Charles Brown

Kenneth Branagh’s adaptation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, is one of the best Frankenstein movies that has ever been made. This movie is so powerful that it moved me in a way that no other movie ever has.

It stars Robert De Niro, who is an incredibly talented actor, as the monster, and I

have to say, he is the most believable of all the Frankenstein’s monsters before him.

I sympathized greatly with the character and could feel his rage when he found out how he came to be.

I understood why he took his revenge.

Kenneth Branagh, who directed this film and also played Victor Frankenstein,

• did an awesome job playing the obsessive doctor who puts his work ahead of his family and the love of his life, to the point that he ends of losing so much.

I could also empathize with his character, though I did find him completely lacking in love, until the very end.

The

lovely Helena Bonham Carter did a fine job playing the role of Victor’s love and eventual wife.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

It kept my attention all the way to the end, and it is now part of my movie library.

I recommend this movie to anyone who likes good old fashioned horror.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112703325130231/k2311a0327/3.27.08