The Princess Bride (1987)  » Movies  »
  • It's true that this movie isn't for everyone, but for those of you who enjoy laughing, I highly recommend it for the whole family
  • The Princess Bride is a part of my movie library and, unlike many fairy tale movies, is one that I enjoy watching over and over again

• by Charles Brown

I have always loved fairy tale movies and The Princess Bride, wonderfully directed by Rob Reiner, is one of my favorites of all-time. It is a love story with a comical twist, and it’s just an absolutely fabulous film that has all the elements of a timeless classic.

This movie is

filled with incredibly talented actors like Cary Elwes, Peter Falk, Fred Savage, Mandy Patinkin, Robin Wright Penn, Billy Crystal, Carol Kane and many others and they all bring their characters to life in such a believable way.

I truly love satirical humor and The Princess Bride keeps me laughing all the ...

• way through.

There are also some very touching parts to this movie, as well as great feats of bravery and some very unusual sword fighting.

Mandy Patinkin’s unique Spanish accent has me rolling every time he speaks! Andre the Giant’s character, Fezzik, is just so lovable it makes me want to

hug him.

It’s true that this movie isn’t for everyone, but for those of you who enjoy laughing, I highly recommend it for the whole family.

The Princess Bride is a part of my movie library and, unlike many fairy tale movies, is one that I enjoy watching over and over again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112703324960231/k2311a0327/3.27.08